When health regulations require extra caution, there will be no rotation of partners. Please do not come to class is you have any symptoms of sickness-cough, sore throat, fever. If you are not sure, please wear a mask during class. Disposable masks and gloves are optional and are provided for those who want to use them. We request everyone use hand sanitizer before and after class. Thank you.
- Hygiene: Before coming to class please shower, freshen breath and use deodorant. If you perspire when you exercise please bring an extra shirt. Our dance studio is a fragrance free environment . Please refrain from strong perfumes or colognes. Thank you.
- Smile: Be a fun person to dance with in class! Be friendly-don`t take anyone or anything too seriously.
- Class Format is usually a circle around the instructor. Classes are seldom balanced so everyone has a partner. Singles are partnered in the first class or they are spaced in between the couples and they wait for a rotation to have a partner to dance with. If a couple decides not to join in the rotation they can politely decline saying: “Thanks for offering, but we are not joining the rotation at this time.” Thanks for your help making everyone feel welcome in the dance class regardless of age, dance experience or partner status.
- Please Listen when the dance instructor is talking and WATCH when they demo before doing:) Dancers cannot listen to 2 voices at the same time. Please direct your questions to the instructor rather than to your classmates so everyone can benefit. The instructors provide frequent opportunities for students to ask questions, give comments or share ideas.
- Please Understand that your role as a class participant is not to offer coaching/extra instruction to the other participants. Please leave feedback/advice to the instructor. Please refrain from asking other class participants for assistance during the class. Please direct your questions instead to an instructor who is there to help you.
- Your Comfort is very important to us. Let the instructor know if you are uncomfortable at any time. We can always adapt the instructions so you can dance in comfort. Let the instructor know right away if you experience pain when dancing. Do not dance with pain! You could be aggravating a previous injury.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We have a code of conduct to provide a fun, joyful, safe, inclusive, playful dance class environment. Thank you for being a valued and unique part of that environment. Here are a few priorities, which are deeply important to the organizers and the Swing Dance community.
- Everyone is entitled to an environment free from harassment. This environment is for everyone regardless of gender, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, age, or dance experience/skill/style. All participants are entitled to enjoy the thrill of partner dancing without having to confront unwelcome interest or inappropriate comments.
- Have care for the safety and comfort of your partner and those around you on the dance floor. If you or your partner bumps, kicks, or otherwise interacts in an unsafe way with someone else on the dance floor, apologize first then check that all are okay before continuing to dance.
- Please do not consume alcohol before coming to dance class. Be responsible: which means committing to never drive a car under the influence and reflecting seriously upon your personal limits and how you may act while under the influence. If you are visibly under the influence of alcohol, cannabis, or other substances, or if you are behaving inappropriately or in an unruly manner, we reserve the right to remove you from our dance classes.
- No smoking is permitted on the premises of Swing Dance Surrey, including the grounds.
- Be a positive and considerate contributor to, and participant in, our joyous celebration of dance and music. Warrior Swing Dance Fellowship owners will listen with sensitivity, without judgement, and will attend to all concerns brought forward with care and discretion, according to the needs and wishes of the concerned party and the severity of the concern, in a timely manner. If you experience, witness, or hear of a violation of this code, or an instance of behaviour that causes you concern, please speak to the owners of Warrior Swing Dance Fellowship, Peter or Marie Welton, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text cell 604 536 0195